Golight High Intensity Discharge (HID) Stryker Remote Controlled Spotlight with wired dash mount remote control AND wireless handheld remote control. This is the ONLY Golight Stryker to feature both a hard wired controller and a wireless handheld controller. This unique Golight spotlight has been upgraded with a 35 watt HID ballast and bulb configuration, enabling it to produce a beam that projects more that 5000 feet with bright, white light. This is the pinnacle of the Golight spotlight line. It offers every single positive attribute of all the Golight spotlights bundled into a single, sleek, lightweight form factor.
This Golight HID Stryker offers several advantages, including:
1. While the Golight Radioray has working beam effective to 700 feet and the stock Golight Stryker has a working beam effective to 850 feet, this GL-3049HW has a working beam effective to 5000 feet. A working beam is defined as a beam that you can read by at maximum distance.
2. A wired dash mount remote control with memory settings and LED position identification. For those of you who want a wired Stryker, this is the only Golight Stryker that provides wired remote control. The dash mount remote control has a 20 foot wire harness and uses a joystick control to position the light. This includes dual speed control of the motorized rotation and tilt. Immediate movemement of the joystick produces slow movement. If the joystick is pressed longer than 2 seconds, the motors go into high speed movement. This enables the operator to position the beam easily on moving targets, without having to select a separate motor speed switch. LEDs surrounding the joystick display the angle of the beam and the memory button brings the unit back to its original, user programmed starting point. This is an ideal feature for remote operation conditions where the operator cannot see the angle of the beam from the driver's seat. The dash mount controller has a power toggle switch, light on/off button, LED brightness control and memory button. The dash mount remote control is approximately 6 inches wide by 3 inches tall. THIS WIRED DASH MOUNT CONTROLLER IS NOT WATERPROOF. IT NEEDS TO BE MOUNTED IN AN INTERIOR LOCATION. THE LIGHT IS WEATHERPROOF. THE CONTROLLER IS NOT.
There are several interesting options on this controller. First and foremost, the memory option is a powerful feature that eables the operator to press the "memory" button and the light will automatically return to the user programmed position. The operator programs this function by setting the light to the desired position, and then holding down the memory button, while turning the power on. After continuing to hold the memory button down for 3-5 seconds the LEDs will show the desired position. Then, the operator can move the light to any other pan and tilt position, press the memory button and the light will return to the programmed position.
Secondly, this is only Golight that accelerates to rapid speed after the joystick is depressed more than 2 seconds. The light rotates or tilts slowly at first, but after 2 seconds the light senses that a longer duration is required and accelerates the motorized pan and tilt operations to compensate. Letting go of the joystick returns the motor speed to slow.
Finally, the controller indicates the pan and tilt position of the light via LEDs at all times.
3. An included wireless handheld remote control for remote operation up to 150 feet. Use of the handheld remote control is reflected in the LED tracking on the dash mount controller as well.
Model: Golight Stryker
Color: Camouflage (white, chrome and black models available)
Pan and Tilt: 370 degrees rotation with hard stop. 140 degrees tilt to direct upward beam position
Mount: Surface mount. An interlocking stainless steel plate is affixed to the bottom of the light. The plate is secured to the light with a single machine screw at the back base of the light. The operator removes the plate and secures it to the mounting surface with three sheet metal screws. The light slides on to the plate and the machine screw is tightened. The mounting holes on the stainless plate form an equidistant triangle, with each hole being 4 inches apart.
Voltage: 12 Volts DC appropriate for most consumer vehicles, off road vehicles and small boats
Lamp Wattage: 35 Watt High Intensity Discharge Bulb - 3000 Lumens - 15 million candlepower - 2800 foot working beam
Amp Draw: 3 amps on 12 Volts DC (7.2 amps for 60 seconds to start)
Cord: 1 foot pigtail with stripped and tinned leads. Operator must provide wiring (16 AWG) from battery and/or fuse box to the light.
Beam: Narrow Spot beam - effective working beam of 5000 feet (can read a book at 5000 feet)
Lamp Construction: HID bulb and glass lens/reflector assembly
Temperature Color: 4100K
Industrial Candlepower Rating: 5.5 million (original GE formula used in OEM/industrial) more on candlepower
Retail Candlepower Rating: 15 million candlepower (newer formula used in retail stores) more on candlepower
Dimensions: 6 inches wide by 6 inches deep by 7 inches tall
Weather Rating: Weatherproof
Outdoor Applications: All vehicles, boats, heavy equipment
This photo shows the unit mounted on a hunting truck, an applications that the HID Golights are commonly used for.
Other Applications: home and building security (with AC/DC converter)
This Golight 3049HW model has a complex wiring harness. In order to limit the overall outer diameter of the harness, the wires within the harness are very light gauge. When installing the wire harness, be sure to use a small pair of needle nose pliers to remove the multi-wire plugs that connect the harness to the controller. Yanking on the wire harness to remove the plugs will cause damage to the connectors. The only problems we have ever had with this Golight 3049HW model stem from people yanking the connectors out of the sockets. Firmly grabbing the connectors with a thin pair of needle nose pliers or a chip puller is appropriate and ensures a successful implementation.
Click Here to view our GL-3049H-W installed on a custom rig.
Housing: ASA Luranheat resistant, high impact, weather resistant housing with highest quality UV resistant material.
Gears and transmission parts/engineering: Lexan, brass and stainless steel prevents rust, corrosion and oxidation that could impair performance.
Motors: Automotive grade 12 Volt D.C. High Torque Characteristics include:
- R.P.M.: 6087 constant Torque 17.133 mN.m/amp
- Stall: 12.31 mN.m Draw point 4 amps.
- Output: 1.96 watts with built in stall protection circuitry
All connectors are weatherproof meet OEM vehicle manufacturer specifications
- Golight meets marine standards for fresh water and saltwater usage
- UV and weatherproof for outdoor use
- 6 inches by 6 inches by 7 inches tall
- Weight: 5 pounds